Monday, December 12, 2005

english

Last night, I was having an 'moment'... in fact, last night everyone in our apartment was having a 'moment'... and I was actually swearing AT the Spanish language (yes, out loud) as if it were an enemy who had thrown me down the stairs or an old friend who had betrayed me. So, I refused to speak it for a good two hours... that's right... I gave a LANGUAGE the silent treatment like I used to give to my brother and my sister when we were younger. My maturity amazes me.

In fact, the three of us were speaking in English... which is fun because it never happens... and yet it is nice when you are frustrated. Taking a break and speaking in English for awhile proved therapeutic... well, aside from Susan making fun of the way I say "cat" and "pan." It led to me saying "cat" and "pan" over and over again trying to understand- think along the lines of Dustin Hoffman in Rainman- cat, pan, cat, pan, cat, pan, cat, pan. Walmart, Walmart, Walmart. Gotta go to Walmart. I don't get it, whats the problem with the way I say my a's? Anyway, during said conversation, I also said "traduction" instead of translation and asked "in serious?" instead of "seriously?" Even when I'm giving Spanish the silent treatment it still invades my English bubble without my knowledge.

And then Joanne made apple pie, because she is a domestic goddess... annnnnd because she didn't want to study and when Joanne doesn't want to study she cooks. Nothing like a little visit to Fat Hell to improve a bad day.

No comments: