Wednesday, February 08, 2006

sprrringggggg is comingggggg

There are few things better than living in a city on a beautiful day. Well, having a beach nearby can also be quite lovely of course, pero a falta de playa, buenas son las ciudades (I'm so creative). The fun thing about cities is that on a nice day you can walk for hours and not repeat a single step nor see anything twice (this is also true of forests, but if I were in a forest I would panic about being eaten by bears if I walked for hours and hours and didn't see anything familiar...). Discoveries are made. Previously unnoticed details grab your attention. Then, when you want a little rest, you can sit outside for a coffee with your face turned to the sun, do a little people watching, think about everything or nothing... and you can't help but smile.

The last few days have been ideal- temperatures in the 50's and tons of sunshine- which means after class I go and take these walks. Long walks! Long enjoyable walks instead of my stress-relieving power walks! Yesterday, for example, my last class ended at 5:00. So taking advantage of the sunshine and my inevitable sunshine-induced good mood, off I went to who knows where (okay, okay.. I did buy a pair of jeans.. I admit it..). I completely lost track of time, and since we all know I have no sense of direction, I found myself on the opposite side of the city from where I had started... and it was now 8:00 at night. Obviously I Metroed it back- even when it's nice out that lazy streak in me still flares up from time to time.Today's walk was only an hour, but with an added 45 minutes spent sitting outside with Joanne drinking that beloved caffeinated potion otherwise known as coffee.

It feels like spring is coming! It's just too bad that little shit of a groundhog saw his shadow the other day...

No comments: