Friday, February 23, 2007

do you know the muffin man?


So in keeping with my red light day / green light day theory, please contemplate the following scenario.

I was having about 50-50 luck with stop lights on my morning stroll to work. I pass a young-ish man with a bag of little muffins, or magdalenas, who had dropped a couple on the sidewalk. He picks them back up and, just when I think he was going to throw them out, he unwraps one to eat it anyway. I do a mental shrug, because hey- who am I to criticize adherence to the five-second rule? I continue on my merry way.

The muffin man and I meet once again at a red light (bad sign!), where he proceeds to unwrap another muffin. He pops it in his mouth and, instead of utilizing the garbage can perched a mere 3 inches to his left, he FLINGS the paper muffin wrapper at my face - yes, at my face - and walks off in an angry huff.


I was speechless.

No comments: