Friday, November 18, 2005

poeta soy yo

During the summer in Vermont, between reading 294892 books, fighting off the kamikazi mosquitos, doing ridiculous projects, trying to block out the smell of cow excrement, and spending endless hours doing work, I started writing haiku's in Spanish (so as not to break the all important 'Palabra de honor'). Frankly, it was an outlet for the MISERY I was suffering (it wasn't just me... it was a collective misery). The one that started it all off was:
Trabajando mas
Yo prefiero un tenedor
En el ojito.
... Y a los espanoles que leen este magnifico blog mio, si... siempre he asegurado tener en cuenta este fenomeno tan molesto de la sinalefa!

In light of Natalie's birthday, I have once more put to use my creative talents... except in the mother tongue and sans negativity. I'm way poetic like that.

Ahem..(clears throat for dramatic effect)

Twas the 17th of the 'ember of Nov'
And as if from the Cabbage Patch grove
A girl named Natalie came into our lives
22 years later, on shopping she thrives

Thank you.

Happy bday Nattie!

No comments: